Monday, September 26, 2011

Procrastination hurts

Sunday September 25, 2011

So today I learned gratitude for getting things done ahead of schedule. I have an accounting class that I had an assignment and a Quiz due on Monday for, and I didn’t do them Saturday because I was spending time with my Iraq buddy. I figured it couldn’t be that bad, probably just as in-depth as the same type of assignment from before and the previous two quizzes.

I was wrong.

I decided I would start right after church got out (noon) and that I figured I’d be done by about 6 o’clock in time to take the girls to a friends house for their daughters birthday party.

I was wrong again.

So seven hours later, I finally finish, and all I can think is “Why didn’t I start Friday and do some of this? Or why didn’t I do some Saturday before the party started?” Nowhere in there was, I wish I could have played more video games this weekend.

Am I getting old? Gosh I hope not. I’m too young for being responsible.

But, in the end I got the homework done (here’s hoping I get a 100% on it), and I scored a 198 out of 200 on my quiz. So I guess that thing called “Working you @$$ off” really does work. Next time I think I’ll just do it a little in advance.

Procrastination: not what I’m grateful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment