Friday, September 23, 2011

Awesome Sauce

Friday September 23, 2011

Today I’ve decided to start something different. If you look at my older blogs you’ll see a lot of bravado and self inflation, and I enjoy doing that because it’s funny and it’s an outlet for me to share the randomness that gets built up in my daily drudgery of life. It’s too easy to let life get you own you know? You’ve got to be silly sometimes.

But I digress.

I’m really good at that I’ve noticed. Digressing that is. I get so caught up in what I’m talking about and the little tangents I create that I don’t realize I’m running away with it til I’ve nearly forgotten the reason for the which I entered the topic in the first place.

I didn’t do that on purpose.

Before I get to the meat of what I want to talk about I just want to say that this is specifically why I love to write a blog. Because, I’m not composing some grandiose epic story or poem or anything like that; I’m talking. All I’m doing is letting my thoughts flow freely from my mind to my hands and into my computer down the lines of glorious electricity and into the inter webs where five people will see it someday. Thanks Mom for the support. But, it’s cathartic you now?

No, not arthritic, although it may be in twenty years or so, but cathartic. As in kind of like a healing process.

I love it.

So, I’m going to get to my point. In a class I recently read a study about how if a person records a few things they’re grateful for each week their viewpoint on the way life is changes. So I decided I wanted to do the same, but I know I’d never follow through if only I was going to see this so I present to you five people who read this thing every now and again.

My Gratitude Journal.

That sounds kind of lame. Let’s try this again.

My Life is Freaking Awesome Sauce Journal!

Again, I don’t plan any of this when I start. I just kind of start talking and see where it ends up. Life is like a box of chocolates when you lost the top. You never know what’s coming out, except the square ones always have caramel. So hands off the caramel ones are mine.

Today I want to say that I’m grateful for music. Not just the epic Viking metal that comes out of Scandinavia, or the hard rap that comes from the ghettos. Not just the punk for suburbia, or the rap rock from the Midwest. Every single bit of it. Even the stuff that I don’t care for.

The eyes are the window to the soul, and music is our fog horn. It’s our way of being ourselves in such a different way. A good song, regardless of the type, will make you bob your head, tap your foot or pencil. It affects you on some level other than the surface. I’m grateful for music. It’s not the most important thing, but today I want to say that I’m grateful for that.

This feels kind of weak for a first time doesn’t it? Sorry. I’ll get better with time. All that build up and nothing.

Huh.

No comments:

Post a Comment